Wednesday 19 October 2011

A 'normal' day


Today has been one of those pretty normal days.
A special moment between horse and rider.
Get up and go through the routine. No interruptions nothing out of the ordinary.


So I thought it was high time I informed everyone about what it is I do each day. So here is a brief version of our daily timetable.
6:30/ 7:00 (ish) Breakfast usually cooked and either made by Boss Lady R or myself.

After breakfast is when I get organised for the day make sure resources are where I want them, cut out etc. Sometimes I do it before just depends.

8:00 Start school
8:00 - 8:30 Spelling Mastery, maths
8:30 - 9:00 Mr Preppy is on air and everyone else is doing maths

9:00 - 9:15 1st Smoko
9:15 - 10:00 Miss S On Air, Mr R and Miss E maths, Mr E 1st session of prep work

Mr E's pattern making.

10:00 - 10:45 Miss E On Air, Mr R English, Miss S Maths, Mr E session 2 and 3


Miss S working in her 'bomb site'.

10:45 - 11:00 2nd Smoko
11:00 - 11:30 Mr R and Miss E On Air reading and handwriting some days reading overlaps, Miss S LAC (English etc combined), Mr E session 4


Talking to Mr E on his phone.

11:30 - 11:45 short thinking game, times tables, silly song or story
11:45 - 12:30 Mr R On Air, Miss E english, Miss S LAC, Mr E free play


12:30 - 1:30 Lunch mostly prepared by me, Mr E is finished for the day
1:30 - 2:30 Mr R and Miss E CLC (science, art, music etc combined), Miss S LAC


2:30 - 3:00 Computer time if finished, Miss S LAC
3:00 - 3:30 Art or games if the kids want but quiet often Miss S is still working.


3:30 School is finished but on a long day Miss S has been know to still be working at 4:30 but she hasn't done that for a while. The kids then go and play. I make sure the schoolroom is tidied up and do anything that might need to be done for the next day and fill out feedback sheets.
4:30 Job time I usually call the kids up from where ever they have disappeared so they can do the chooks, goats, pigs and dogs.

7:00 (ish) Dinner - depending on what has been happening I may or may not have cooked or helped cook it. Then I help clean up after it.

And that is it ... our school day.
However more often than not it doesn't run anything like this in fact I think tomorrow we will be in the yards so I better live up the 'normal' while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.