Saturday 7 April 2012

Delayed

Lately I have done a lot of flying backwards and forwards, up and down the state, earning myself plenty of frequent flier points. The biggest problem with being so far from the other end of the state and choosing to fly is when the plane breaks down.


The other week my 8:45am flight was delayed until 12:30 so I got plenty of practise at waiting around the airport ... patience is a virtue they say. The service staff were very helpful however and were nice enough to give me an $8 voucher for food because of the inconvenience. I don't know about you but I think a nearly 4hr delay at least deserves $8 per hour. It was a nice thought though and I am sure it will kept the plane full of passengers waiting around the airport happy for a few minutes. At least I wasn't on a schedule as the Rivers were still flooded so I couldn't get back to work anyway.


The upside to this whole conundrum was that I had time to visit a voting booth on the way so I didn't have to worry about doing it during my travels after landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.