Monday 2 July 2012

A Little Further North

I have spent the last week of my holidays in the overcast, hot and humid Cairns with Mr Sparky. It was a nice chance to defrost. Before you even think about it no, I didn't see the Great Barrier Reef, or the Daintree Rainforest, or the Croc tour, or go on the Skyrail. However I did manage to check out the Botanical Gardens and the local mozzie population ...











see the Esplanade and the beautiful mud flats because the tide was out, spend time browsing the night markets full of fantastic creations, discover quiet and layed back Port Douglas ...

Travelling to Port Douglas
Port Douglas
The Sugar Wharf

 


 

'Four Mile Beach'
View of 'Four Mile Beach' from the lookout


 
and hit all the electrical shops, oh and Bunnings as well.

 
Lets face it touristy stuff is much more fun with someone and my someone just happened to be a TAFE all day. I did enjoy relaxing and doing nothing much though. Now I am on to my next adventure visiting a friend a lot further North.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. I am feeling warmer (freezing at my place) by just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.