Friday 24 May 2013

In Training

 For three days this week I have had my 'L' plates back on as I took part in training for my new job teaching groups of Japanese students English.

Now when you think training do you think 'face to face'?
Well that was the original plan ... we, however, got to do our training online which was a great experience and learning curve for both ends it was however feeling a lot like being back with Distance Education. We had the whole web cams, microphones and headset thing going ... I think I rock a headset. We were learning how to use the program and lessons to teach online lessons to students who will be sitting in their home or office in Japan. These will be offered to a select group who are planning on coming to Australia.

Next month we have another couple of days training on doing face to face lessons ... hmm still sounding very Distance Ed ... which should be interesting as the training is again being done online so there will be nobody to practise on ...hehe. I do think however that myself and the other English teacher employed ... Teacher P ... have got the face to face interaction and teaching aspect handled it is just knowing the program that we will be teaching part and expectations that is needed.

Now for some photos ... the building I will be working in is the tallest in Cairns and being on the 12th floor gives a great view out over the wharf and coastline. I think I am going to totally love this job just for the view ... and the people.

Day One - Tuesday








Day Two - Wednesday












Day Three - Thursday


Posted by Picasa
 Linking in for Totally Thursday

1 comment:

  1. It sounds interesting teaching people from where you are sitting to where they are in Japan, you do have great views at least you will see the bad weather coming :), hope you are enjoying your new job.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.