Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is something I've never been big on and after discussion we both, that is Mr Sparky and I, both agreed we didn't really care that much about it. I made some home made Kingston's for work, just because, and the students loved them. I also broke our who cares about Valentine's Day and surprised Mr Sparky with some honeycomb, twisties and a mango combined with today's edition of the local paper which contains his photo. Nothing red or rosy there, well except for the paper as it IS the Valentine's edition. As for anything else like FOOD, I whipped up some savoury mince and mashed spuds between work and work and then proceeded to enjoy a whole 5min of sitting and chatting and eating before heading out the door.
I may not be too keen on the commercial side of Valentine's Day but I do think that showing those you love that you do think of them and love them is a great thing ... to do all the time. I hope you felt special to someone this Valentine's whether it was a friend, family member, partner, work mate or just someone who wished you well.


Now thanks to Shayne Yates here are some, in his words, light-hearted comments on relationships from our book “You won’t die laughing!”

“For me these five words are more romantic than any others.
‘I’ll buy it for you.’”


“I’ve given my husband the same anniversary card for the last eight years, he still hasn’t realised it.”


A Scottish shopkeeper will only sell paint to husbands if they bring a signed note from their wives. He says he’s fed up with men changing paint because their wives hate the colour.


No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.


If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question.

A woman was asked “What made you marry him?”
She replied “Opposites attract... I was pregnant and he wasn’t.”


Instead of getting married again, I’m going to find a woman I don’t like and give her a house.


A young woman is looking dreamily at her boyfriend in a restaurant. He reads the menu and asks her “How do you like your rice, steamed, fried or boiled?” She replies “Thrown”.


A couple had just bought a new car and they were driving it for the first time. The woman who was driving looked at her husband and admitted that she wasn’t sure what to do... Smiling, he commented “Of course you do. Just pretend it’s me driving and you’re in the back seat. I’m sure it will come back to you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.