Thursday 12 June 2014

Surprise!

Early last Saturday I boarded a plane south, to Brisbane. My 6am flight was about 10min late leaving but made very good time. I had a window seat but I wasn't on the sunrise side of the plane but it was nice to watch the subtle changes in colour out the opposite side, the land side. I love the window seats.










I then fell asleep. ME fall asleep on a plane?! Wow I must have been tired. The next thing I knew the captain was announcing that we would be beginning our decent shortly meaning there was only about half an hour until we would be safe and sound on the tarmac. What a way to make a 2hr and 20min flight go fast.







Hello Brisbane!

After landing I unfortunately had a 2 hour wait for a bus, ugh. Plenty of time to drop by Krispy Kreme Donuts and get the customary boxes to share. They had some new flavours, yummy, and I may have purchased one extra for breakfast. My pre flight breaky was left on the bench at home, woops!
My bus run which was another almost 3hrs. I remember very little other than the fact that the bus had a usb charger and free WIFI. I may have lost that trip in some sleep as well. I was met at the end by my Grandparents who were making their way north just as I made mine south.
We arrived in my home town for lunch at my Aunt's place and with plenty of time to catch up and chat. Then it was time to get ready and head out. It was time to get the final parts of The Surprise ready. We met my sister and her little family at our location giving us time to do some catching up, some decorating and most importantly for me to introduce myself to my niece again.
Then it really was time.

The table set, embarrassing photos in books included.

Happy 50th Birthday Mum!


After she cried and cursed at us, family and friends sat down to enjoy a meal and a relaxed evening to celebrate the Birthday of one of the most important people in my life. Someone who has faced ups and downs, struggles and triumphs. Someone who I (and my siblings) think is the best Mum ever but who is also a loved daughter, wife, grandmother and friend. Happy Birthday! May you have many more years of happiness, fun, love, laughter, dreams, family, traveling, crafting and much more.

And now for some stolen photos from my sister's collection because mostly I was too busy catching up with everyone to take them.

Playing with my niece, oh how I wish I saw her more.


I made up place mats for the year 1964 which my Aunt printed.


The cake my next younger sister had made for our very crafty Mum.


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise it would have been for your Mum. Sorry I'm so hopeless at leaving comments Anne, but always enjoy your beautiful photography. Hope all is well with you in the far north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great surprise and going by the fact that we tell our mum nearly everything, it staying a surprise was amazing. Thanks for commenting and reading. I am glad you enjoy it. I hang out on your blog quiet a lot, I also love your photos that share your life and surrounds. It is wet here again/still but I shouldn't complain, dry season is yet to really arrive. Hope all is well for you.

      Delete
  2. so very sweet of you to surprise your mom! i know how precious family time is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and family time is precious indeed when distance means you are far apart. Thanks for looking in.

      Delete
  3. It was a wonderful surprise, I had no idea it was happening. Was especially wonderful to see you for a few days.... wish we saw more of you and I am sure neice Miss E does too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked it Mum, we thought you deserved to know how special you are. I loved visiting as well but wish I was closer.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.