Sunday 10 August 2014

A Sunrise to End the Week

"Watching a sunrise, we open ourselves up to the beauty that nature creates, knowing it will never repeat itself just like this again." ~ Jake Rajs


I love sunrise, the start of a new day, and I have found myself going through sunrise withdrawals over the last couple of weeks. The upside is that I did get a couple of weeks of what could almost be considered sleep ins while Mr Sparky was a TAFE. We are back to normal now, rising before the sun. We have also had a bit of cloudy weather over the last week which meant even though I was up there was nothing to see.


On Friday, hoping the clouds would enhance rather than hinder, I headed down to the Esplanade, the Pirate Park or Northern end. I nearly didn't make it in time, I cut it a bit close really.


There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.
Bern Williams




There is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon.
Into the Wild






Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait to long, you miss them.
LoveQuotes123.info




Those clouds certainly enhanced the sunrise.


Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
Victor Hugo, Les Miserables


May every sunrise hold more promise,and every sunset hold more peace.
Blessing


Then too soon it was time to head home, quickly get ready for work and head off for the day. I am so glad I took the time though, especially because the day then clouded over.


8 comments:

  1. Love all these photos. And the quotes are just so fitting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad someone else thinks they go well.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I find it hard to watch a sunrise, or sunset for that matter without snapping it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me too, I am itching to get out for another sunrise or sunset photo session. It is my relax thing.

      Delete
  3. Nice sunrise shots. Definitely worth getting up early for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are always worth being up for.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE those shots you've taken with the sculptures. There is nothing as certain as sunrise and sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are correct, even when you can't see it changing it is still happening, predictably and like clock work.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.