Wednesday 10 June 2015

Winter Sky




I do love those icy, wispy clouds way up high.


I especially love them in the early morning light.


With the chill and freshness of the morning, 


and light changing the sky and colours,


It is just nice to sit and watch a winter dawn.


What is even better is that at the family farm, it is a very quiet time.


The dawn is just mine and that sunrise is a show put on just for me.


It is all mine, my precioussss.


It is often said that those high wispy clouds made of ice mean a change in the weather.


I think in this case they just mean it is bloody cold up there.


Windy too, by the looks of the curling clouds, despite the fact that on the ground it was still.


This morning pictured, the 9th, wasn't a particularly cold one.


Well, there wasn't frost anyway. It was still an under 10 degree C morning.


And I had reverted back to wearing thongs with my jammies (crazy lady coming through).


Disappointing really, I came down here for some winter. Where has it gone?


Today turned out to be a lovely spring/autumn day but snow down south says there is a cold change on the way. Maybe the clouds are right and the weather man wrong.


People here will be living it up while they can, before that icy breeze sneaks in for a chat and ends up crashing the party for a couple of months.


Meanwhile I am just going to live up the rest of my family time. It is running far too short.


Can I have another week ... another two weeks ... a month?


How is the weather in your part of the world?

Have you been enjoying family time, just spending time together?


6 comments:

  1. Loving your photos as always Anne. You definitely need more than one or two weeks in the country! I'm thinking you must miss it all when flying back out. Enjoy the rest of your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CountryMum, I definitely need more than a couple of weeks, it it were I am at home. I do miss it all, rural life and family. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Sights like these are definitely worth waking up super early for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a morning person... but with a view like that, well it would make more sense! great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Carolina, I have to say I am a morning person and I've been awake early every day of my holidays. Crazy really. Thanks! I think it is the best time.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.