Sunday 19 June 2016

"A bad day at the beach, beats a good day at work"

Oh dear, it has been about a week since I have posted. It is okay though, I've been busy. I actually managed to break into the equivalent of full time hours between both my jobs this week. 
By the way, did I mention that my new casual daycare job is going well. After thinking it was a bit of a flop I am getting work and enjoying it too. 
I must confess however that I did have a day lounging around at home and instead of creating something for blog land I binge watched Outlander. Hmmm, maybe I should have read the books first but boy it hooks you in. I am one of those people who likes to read the book first but I let it slide this time. My excuse for my square eyes behaviour is that it was the perfect rainy day weather for doing nothing much. By the way, it is rainy day weather today as well. I am thinking some crafting (since I pulled it all out already) and some movie watching is in order.


Today's photos have been brought to you, courtesy of my little forray down south. This weekend they have been predicting more wild and woolly weather for the more southern parts which is what we had during our little stay at the Sunshine Coast about a fortnight ago. It wasn't a big deal because winter isn't exactly the swimming time of year down there and I do love a bit of nature at it's wildest.


I was caring for my 15yr old brother and we had a 1 and 3 year old in the unit as well so getting outside at some point was a must. We made sure we went for a morning walk and an afternoon one too, most evenings.


We were staying up on the point between Shelly Beach and Kings Beach so had choices about which way to go. On Friday morning we headed Kings Beach way, despite the rain and wind.


We went for the very beachy shoeless option. That was not a mistake we made again. Those paths are a little rougher than the usual ones taken during February beach holidays.


We explored along the way. Everything is magical and interesting when you have a 3yr old on tow.

Banksia


Touching the sand and getting toes in the water was a must, it always is, no matter the weather. Those who have followed along with me for a while would probably have already guessed this about me and my family. We are water babies, through and through and beach bums to boot.

Bro S, Mum and Miss E heading for the water.


I always love watching a raging ocean with spraying, splashing waves.


It was kind of cool to be almost the only ones on this beach, one that is often filled with families, especially on summer weekends.


The flags said swimming with caution, inside the flags of cause, but no one was giving it a go.


As we left the beach and headed back up the hill the sky decided to clear a bit, and just that little bit of sun had us wanting to strip off a layer of winter woollies. But then again maybe that was just me who had given into Miss E's "Can I hop on your back?" demands. She is the 3yr old, by the way. Boy has she grown and how fast three years have gone.


We took the softer side, the grass option, on the way back. It was certainly more comfortable on the feet than the weathered stone path.


We decided this was a great winter spot to stay, because of the view, but in summer the usual place, closer to the water was better.



After more on and off rainy weather it tried to clear in the afternoon.


We were pretty certain that it wasn't the end of the wild and woolly weather with predictions of more to came and a sky that said so too.


Speaking of interesting weather, they got so much hail around Alice Springs, on Friday, that it looks like it snowed in the desert. Check it out here.

SEASONS  - you can do your own thing. Or follow my variant.

18 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful beach and I love the fine sand, the sound of waves and smell the sea. The flowers are very unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a lovely beach and one we are pretty familiar with, having used it for family holidays for years and years. The banksia flowers are an Aussie native and found in many different areas.

      Delete
  2. Love the raindrops on your beautiful flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend despite the weather, but what better combination than family + beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend ... Can we do it again? Family and anywhere is great but especially the beach.

      Delete
  4. It's good you didn't let the weather ruin your day. Cloudy weather is often better for taking photos than sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rarely let the weather ruin beach time and a great believers in swimming in the rain when everyone else heads for cover. The moody skies were great for photos.

      Delete
  5. Hello, the beach looks gorgeous. Love the pretty exotic flowers. Great post and photos.
    Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a great beach and we enjoyed this time visiting there. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. If you your bad weather beach days look like this, I wouldn't mind (for a week haha):) And you beat me with your link!! Love to see that:) Many thanks for sharing this with. SEAONS and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I wouldn't mind for a week either. I couldn't believe I beat you but the time of day does get here first I guess.

      Delete
  7. Nice to hear that things at work are going well. I should give Outlander a try, so many people are talking about it.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've certainly been enjoying work and been busy with it. I would recommend Outlander, especially if you like the whole history, time travel thing. It is maybe the first time I have felt up to date in my viewing habits in a long time.

      Delete
  8. There's no such thing as a bad day at the beach and your photos prove it! Glad your day care is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is it. No matter the weather the beach is always a great place to hang out. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Oh yeah I agree being at the beach anytime is a "good time." - You had some really great photos of this outing. I enjoyed them very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, if only every day was a beach holiday ( but then I guess the novelty would wear off). Thank you!

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.