Tuesday 27 December 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
(talk about being a bit behind the times)


I hope your Christmas has been filled with fun, friends and family and that the joy, love, peace and hope of the season has flowed through your life.


After a busy lead up to Christmas I am enjoying some time with family, down on the family farm.


This has certainly made Christmas this year sparkle. I hope yours has been glittering too.


Obviously these photos aren't from the family farm.
One day earlier in December I was up early enough to do a sunrise run (not really a run) down to the Esplanade to see the huge Christmas tree in it's place near the Lagoon.


It was a peaceful kind of morning with not many around. It was interesting to look at the decorations this year, I think some had been hand painted with things from the region. It was also a good time to take photos of those fish as the Lagoon was closed for cleaning.






It wasn't just the Christmas tree being all showy, the rainbow shower trees had their pink and yellow on for the start of summer.


Pretty natural decorations.




It was certainly nice to wander in the early morning quiet.





















This year didn't really feel that Christmas like to me, especially in the lead up, but heading down to look at the tree did turn it up a notch.


Being able to spend the holiday surrounded by family has certainly made it feel a lot more like Christmas to me.




I hope you've had a wonderful time wherever you've spent your festive season.


4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas looks warm and lovely! I hope it was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful, thank you. I hope yours was too.
      Our Christmas was pretty good weather wise as well, not being too hot for a change. I would love to try a cold one, one year, though.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas!! I hope you had a wonderful time down on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well. I hope you had a relaxing Christmas.
      Yes, I enjoyed Christmas at home and am loving visiting, although as per usual it will be too short.

      Delete

Your comments add sunshine to my day ... so leave as many as you like.